Monday, September 12, 2011

3 day weekend!!

During my three day weekend, I decided to explore a part of Madrid that I hadn't seen  yet! Ali, Alyssa, Carolyn and I went out to lunch first because since it was a holiday in Spain and the Colegio was not providing us with food. Which is really inconvenient but we managed.

After lunch the girls and I went to Parque del Retiro to spend the day outside. This park is the biggest park in Madrid and it is absolutely beautiful. While walking through the park I was in awe of everything! The atmosphere of the park is so European! It is a haven in the big city. Right now it is my favorite place in Madrid. Through out the park there are a whole bunch of different historical buildings and artifacts, along with gardens and fountains. In the park there is a small lake where you are able to rent boats to float on the water for an hour. We didn't do that on Friday but plan on going back very soon! After walking around (and taking a ton of pictures) we found a spot to sit down and do our homework. This was so peaceful! I will be doing this a lot of times during the semester. 

On Saturday, we went shopping, of course! There are so many shops in Madrid! It is hard to not go shopping!! There weren't many people out on Saturday because it was the day after a festival. Most people in Spain leave when there are long weekends. We stayed in that night in order to pack for MOVING DAY!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment